We will always support the notion that women will birth best where they feel safest. For many, that will mean delivery in the hospital. A hospital delivery doesn’t necessarily mean that you can’t have a natural birth. However, birthing in a medical center may require more support and advocacy. We advise using a doula through our doula program services.
Here’s how we can help:
The Doula Team
Our doula team has years of experience assisting families in navigating the sometimes complex logistics of hospital delivery. We provide continuity as a trusted provider that enhances your birthing experience. Through the years, we’ve supported hundreds of birthing individuals. Our goal is to help them experience the birth they desire.
Additionally, we place a special focus on supporting high-risk pregnancies and deliveries. We even seek out referrals to appropriate care providers should the path of their care be complicated for any reason, at any stage of gestation. It is our goal to match clients’ needs and desires toward the best achievable outcome for mother and baby.
Please call to schedule an initial consultation for our birth doula program so we may best help you.
Our Birth Doula Package Includes:
- Consultation and 2 prenatal counseling visits at our birth center
- Availability by phone for pregnancy-related concerns
- 24/7 coverage for labor
- One postpartum support visit with your doula
- Additional postpartum midwifery and/or doula care is available, provided separately
- Cost for the Birth Doula service is $1,000.
Wasatch Midwifery and Wellness, LLC also provides a range of postpartum doula care services. This unique service includes an initial assessment of needs prior to your delivery. Next, we develop a plan for after your postnatal time. Our doulas provide invaluable help in the following areas:
- General housekeeping tasks, organizing, and laundry.
- Whole foods light meal planning and food prep.
- Assistance with baby care, enabling the mother to have time for self-care.
- Support and education for breastfeeding, with referral to an International Board-Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC), as needed.
- Assistance following a cesarean birth with a special focus on healing and recovery.
- Lifestyle coaching and stress reduction techniques for new parents.
- Overnight newborn nanny available by request, with booking in advance of delivery (doula care provided from 9 pm-7 am, $250 flat-rate).
- Our postpartum doula care is charged by the hour ($30/hr with a 3 hr minimum), or you may purchase a package. Typically, clients choose to have our postpartum doula assist them over the course of the first two weeks postpartum. Please call to arrange a complimentary consultation based on your anticipated needs.