Experience matters. It is our goal to not only provide maternity and wellness care of the highest quality, but to make it affordable for your family. In opening Wasatch Midwifery and Wellness, we set as our number one goal to create a maternity and wellness center that would be both a sustainable business model and an exceptional healthcare service that is accessible to our community. We have spent countless hours creating a model that will help you make the most of your healthcare dollars. Whether you have a high-deductible medical insurance plan, an HSA plan, a MediShare model plan, or are self-paying, we WILL work with you to get the care you desire!
Before you read the details below, here are a few key points to think about when paying for your maternity care:
- We want you to make the MOST of your healthcare dollars! All care at Wasatch Midwifery and Wellness will work toward your deductible as our team will dialogue directly with your insurer to get the nitty-gritty details of your “patient responsibility” so you can clearly plan for your out-of-pocket expenses.
- Wasatch Midwifery and Wellness provides excellent care that is less than half of the cost of a normal, low-risk vaginal delivery and newborn care in a hospital setting.
- Our wellness and pediatric visit costs are comparable with typical health clinics.
- In our commitment to helping you receive the care you desire, we offer discounts for timely payment as well as financial hardship discounts* (*please discuss qualifying situations with our team).
- Your coverage of medical care, anywhere you may receive it, is completely dependent on your individual health insurance plan (just because a co-worker paid a certain amount for their care doesn’t mean you have the same). We highly suggest becoming well-versed in your plan, and perhaps seeking out a medical plan that includes the type of coverage you desire before you become pregnant if possible! (We are loving MediShare plans, HSAs, and plans with good out-of-network coverage). What you don’t know about your insurance plan may disappoint you, but we can help you get the answers you need!
Now then… what is included?
Midwifery and Birthing Care
When it comes to maternity care, our midwifery team provides medical services that span the entire prenatal, labor and delivery, and postnatal experience. All healthcare that clients receive as a pregnant and postpartum person are included under an “umbrella” of care, like a maternity package. This includes:
- Midwifery care for normal pregnancy (visits with the midwife monthly until 28 weeks gestation, then bi-weekly until 36 weeks gestation, and then every week visits until delivery). This includes in office, limited ultrasound for position checks and pregnancy confirmation.
- 24-hour on-call midwifery coverage throughout your pregnancy (yes! We are available to talk with you at 2am if you have a concern!)
- Midwifery care for labor and delivery, initial care of the newborn, and immediate postpartum care during your stay at the birthing center or following home delivery. Midwifery and newborn services include the cost of the birth assistant present at your delivery.
- Postpartum services for mother and baby including a 24-36-hour home visit after birth, and follow-up office visits at three days, one week, two weeks, and six weeks postpartum. The six-week postpartum exam visit includes well-woman care and family planning counseling. All testing and screening for the newborn (metabolic screening and hearing testing) is included in our umbrella of midwifery care.
- Depending on your insurance plan, one or more visits with our IBCLC breastfeeding specialist may be covered in conjunction with our midwifery care!
Our umbrella fee does not include:
- Lab testing (We will collect lab specimens in office and provide our laboratory with your insurance information so they may bill their fees. LabCorp is in-network with most health plans and lab work generally is considered a pre-deductible primary care service so your insurance is likely to cover all of it. If you are self-paying for your care, you will be billed by LabCorp directly.)
- Ultrasound (We offer two options for anatomical scan or other necessary ultrasound: clients may pay an independent ultrasound tech who performs ultrasound in our office or we can write an order for a radiology department at a medical center if your insurance will provide better coverage.)
- Additional medical procedures that may be necessary during your care.
- Costs associated with hospital care and transport to a medical facility should it become necessary
- Our facility fee for delivery at Wasatch Midwifery and Wellness Center*
*For clients planning to deliver in the center, we provide a complete verification of benefits to include the services included in the umbrella as well as the facility cost. We separate out the fees here for insurance billing purposes. We will prepare this document for you even if you are self-paying for your care.
We are thrilled to provide primary care, pediatric care, acupuncture, Chinese Medicine, and women’s wellness within our facility. We have truly created a center for wellness. Our billing team works hard to assist us with a mechanism to bill your insurance for these services as well! As a client coming for wellness or pediatric/well-baby care, lab work, Chinese Medicine formulas, vitamins and supplements or other special procedures beyond the visit with the provider are billed separately.
Wasatch Midwifery and Wellness, LLC is currently an out-of-network provider with insurance companies. However, we are currently undergoing the credentialing process to become an in-network provider for our home and birth center deliveries and wellness care. We work with Innovation Billing, Inc. to provide all clients with verification of benefits, account management, and submission of insurance claims for global maternity care and facility charges. Our excellent account manager is always available to answer your insurance questions and help you navigate the details of your individual health insurance plan and how you can establish payment plans to cover your care with us.
We recognize that midwifery and wellness care outside of the hospital care model is synonymous with out of pocket expenses. Clients come into our care seeking a meaningful alternative to the typical hospital birthing experience or the standard medical care visits with an MD provider. We provide care that delivers an experience that is safe, satisfying, and affordable. And for that, we consider our services priceless! Just ask our clients!